What We Do
We represent employees, consumers, and business owners in a variety of legal matters.
AT&T Wireless Services
- Settled. Randolph v. AT&T Wireless / Schnall v. AT&T Wireless. California and national class actions by AT&T Wireless subscribers challenging ATT’s practice of adding undisclosed “universal connectivity” charges to monthly price of service. information / documents
- Udlinek v. AT&T Wireless. Washington consumers challenging “cramming” of unwanted features and charging for calls that were supposed to be free. information / documents
- Peck/Bowden v. Cingular / Riensche v. Cingular. Class actions on behalf of Washington consumers challenging Cingular’s practice of billing them an additional fee for its state B&O tax obligations (the so-called “B&O Surcharge”). information / documents
- Settled. Baxter Air, Inc. v. NOS Communications. Class action by small businesses in Washington who were deceived into purchasing long distance services at inflated prices through “call unit” billing scheme. information / documents
- Short v. Sprint. Action by Washington consumers challenging Sprint’s practice of “contract renewal” without their knowledge or consent, to prevent them from switching carriers or require them to pay large Early Termination Fees. information / documents
- Hesse/Olson v. Sprint. Class action by Washington consumers challenging Sprint’s practice of billing them an additional fee for its state B&O tax obligations. information / documents
Violations of Securities Laws and Duties to Shareholders
- Settled. In re: WSB Financial Group Securities Litigation. Federal securities law class action against WSB Financial Group relating to its misrepresentations and disclosures in SEC filings about its initial public offering. information / documents
- Hill v. Garda CL Northwest. Armored car drivers in Washington challenge Garda’s break and wage practices. information / documents
- Settled. Sump v. Affiliated Computer Services, Inc. Class action by Washington state customer service representatives paid under ACS’s “Activity Based Compensation” or “ABC” pay plan, which they claim is deceptive and violates Washington wage laws. information / documents
- In re: Former Washington Mutual Employees Lead Counsel in a consolidated lawsuit against the FDIC for failing to pay compensation due to former employees of Washington Mutual Bank.
- Jones v. DineEquity, Inc. Claims by customers of Applebee’s Restaurants that the advertised nutritional content of its Weight Watchers menu items is inaccurate and the items contain, for example, far more fat than advertised. information / documents
Unfair Consumer Practices
- Barker v. Skype. Settled. Reached nationwide settlement in federal lawsuit against Skype, for alleged violations of state laws due to Skype’s policy of expiring consumer credits. Settlement includes refunding expired customer credits and a nationwide practice change. information / documents
- Dorsey v. Washington State Ferries. Class Action Lawsuit filed by consumers who purchased tickets on the Washington State Ferries that expired pursuant to the 90-day expiration policy.
- Ferguson v. Classmates Online. Class Action Lawsuit filed by consumers had their private information shared by Classmates to other social networking websites without their consent.
- Lane v. Volkswagen Motor Company. Class Action filed by owners of 1999 and 2000 model year Volkswagens with a diesel (TDI) engine for defects to the intake manifold.
PIP Fee Reduction Lawsuits
- MySpine, PS v. Allstate Insurance. Washington class actions for failure to pay all reasonable and necessary medical expenses under an Allstate PIP insurance policy. Preliminary Approval Granted. information / documents
- MySpine, PS v. Hartford Insurance. Washington class actions for failure to pay all reasonable and necessary medical expenses under a Hartford PIP insurance policy. Preliminary Approval Granted. information / documents